Some things that were running through my mind today:
- Earlier today, the song “One of Us” was played on the radio. The second verse asks,
And I think that, yes, I would like to see God showing up and showing His face. That is probably all that’s needed to make a believer out of me.
- Related to this, Desmond Child used this song to defend his nonsensical lyrics for “If God Could Talk“.
This discussion between him and Todd Rundgren is gold.
- Two days ago, I received a copy of Karla DeVito’s 1982 Christmas-single, “Santa Claus is Coming to my House”. [
mp3 download/ lyrics] (Karla is the woman you see but don’t hear in the video for that song by Meat Loaf.) Maybe I’ll post some more seasonal music next week, to counter all the crappy Christmas music.
- Put the FSM back in ChriFSMas.
- In the light of Ike Tuner’s passing: can you value work produced by someone whose private life and acts you find appalling?
- To quote the great philosopher Shania Twain,
You must be joking, right?: Christian teenagers watch porn, too. (in Dutch)