- Poe’s Law states that Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that someone won’t mistake for the real thing. Take this ad for example. Are they really saying that same sex marriage takes away their freedom, or is it a clever way of pointing out that people really can’t be that stupid? Sadly, it seems to be the former.
- Portia de Rossi is sorry for inconveniencing people by getting married.
- If you’re trying to get rid of unlicensed software on your computer, but can’t quite let go of your cracked copy of Photoshop: you can make free and open source image editor GIMP look and behave like Photoshop.
- Pearl Jam raises the bar for deluxe reissues of classic albums.
- From a website that specializes in list of the X coolest/most unbelievable/weirdest/ect. Y‘s ever: 15 Coolest Bookshelves. And a bonus bookshelf.
- Ghost in the Machine: a number of portraits of musicians made out of recycled cassette tape with original cassette.
- In an attempt to fight terrorism, the London police has put up some paranoia inducing posters. Some remixes.
- I don’t find these 30 Funny Twitter Comics funny at all. This one, however, was good for some chuckles.
- Not only is Dream Theater taking their Progressive Nation tour with special guests Opeth, Bigelf and Unexpect to Europe (for The Netherlands: October 7, Ahoy’ Rotterdam, presale has started), but according to keyboardist Jordan Ruddess the upcoming album Black Clouds & Silver Linings (June 23) will be properly mastered:
this time around we said we’re not going to play this game, that’s ridiculous — we left the dynamics really in the music. I think it makes a big difference to the listening experience.