The 30 Day Song Challenge has been around for years (at least since 2011), but I only encountered it last summer. The concept is right up my alley: for 30 days straight, post a song. In my head, there immediately was the addendum “and tell something about it.” We’ll see how that pans out. I originally meant to do this in a month with just 30 days, but that never happened.
The list below seems to be the current iteration of the meme (with two days swapped for reasons that will become very clear in due time). It’s as good as any I guess.
- A song you like with a color in the title.
- A song you like with a number in the title.
- A song that reminds you of summertime.
- A song that reminds you of someone you’d rather forget.
- A song that needs to be played out loud.
- A song that makes you want to dance.
- A song to drive to.
- A song about drugs or alcohol.
- A song that makes you happy.
- A song that makes you sad.
- A song you never get tired of.
- A song from your preteen years.
- A song from the year you were born.
- A song you’d love to be played at your wedding.
- A song you like that’s a cover by another artist.
- A song that’s a classic favorite.
- A song you’d sing a duet with someone on karaoke.
- A song you like from the 70s.
- A song that makes you think about life.
- A song that has many meanings to you.
- A song you like with a person’s name in the title.
- A song that moves you forward.
- A song that you think everybody should listen to.
- A song by a band you wish were still together.
- A song you like by an artist no longer living.
- A song that makes you want to fall in love.
- A song that breaks your heart.
- A song by an artist whose voice you love.
- A song you remember from your childhood.
- A song that reminds you of yourself.
To keep it interesting — for me, that its — I will try to refrain from the very obvious choices, not to repeat artists, and not plan ahead unless I absolutely have to.
UPDATE: Now that the challenge is over, there is of course a (almost complete) Spotify playlist.