Wednesday, August 31, 2005
so until the next time...
Basically, all I have to do is pack my bags and go. Well, a bit more that that actually, but close enough. I'll be back, and until then, howdy!
Monday, August 22, 2005
Passing the torch
Ik hou van alle vrouwen
Mijn hart is veel te groot
Daar ben ik mee geboren
En daar ga ik ook mee dood
Last saturdays' diner party was something of the end of an era. It was probably the last time I visited one of my friends at his current location on a trailerpark. Next month, he's going to move in with his girlfriend in Gouda.
(I guess that to most that would not seem to big a deal. Given the context, however, it is. An refreshingly uncharacteristically unchristian thing to do, even.)
At the end of the evening, I went home with a
new CD. He didn't need it any more. So he figured it should be passed on to me, the last surviving single in the group…
Ik hou van alle vrouwen
Dat is een groot verdriet
Met 1 kan ik maar trouwen
En daarom trouw ik niet Hans de Booij, Alle Vrouwen
Thursday, August 18, 2005
It ain't happening today either. The chance it's happening tomorrow is also negligible. After that, it's the weekend, and I am most certainly not going to do it then. Well, maybe on sunday evening, but you needn't be surprised when it doesn't happen then either. Monday, well, it is a monday of course, so I should be able to free some time, but I wouldn't hold my breath either. Tuesday? We'll see. And otherwise, there's always wednesday...
Seriously though, I just don't have anything useful to say at the moment and I just can't be bothered to make something up. When I got something to say, you'll see it. Until then, here are some cute little kittens.
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Friday, August 05, 2005
How many Vogons does it take to change a lightbulb?
Well, maybe 42, maybe less. Or more. Anyway, today I went to see The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. And I liked it. Not as much as the book, but it was still good. Different, but good.
And you know what? I think that comes mainly from the changes in regard to the book. If they had followed the book by the letter, I can only assume how dreadful it might have been. But luckily, Douglas Adams was smarter than that. The changes work. There are some inside jokes for those who have read the book or seen the 1981 TV-series (like when the TV-series-Marvin makes a cameo), but when you haven't—and pay attention now!—you won't miss anything, for they aren't critical to the story.
Summarizing: I enjoyed myself tonight. Even took a detour to look at the market, if you know what I mean....
Special Edit Add-in:
looks like my throat and voice are back to normal at last. Jay!
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Don't really have anything to say, so here's a list to tide you over.
- Windows Genuine Advantage: hacked in 24 hours.
- More from Microsoft: looks like IE7 is a step forward, but I'm not doing the victory-dance just yet. In fact, I've increased my interest in some saltmines, if you get my drift…
- Consider yourself warned: you'd better hide the hotties
- If I were to plug some weblogs (which I'm not), it might go like this: one fine example as to why you should visit gapingvoid.
- Or: I can't say I've been following the adventures in Waiter Rant-land, but I like what I've read so far. Stuff like
- See that it's a good thing I'm not pluggin' anything to anyone?
- How anyone can say no to this beautiful bus is beyond me. (but then again, it's not like I don't have a serious addiction to the series)
- Hacking Elevators 101
- Blowing a story into proportion.
- More on Dunglish.
- Even more! But now it's called steenkolenengels for some strange reason.
- Did I mention that Wikipedia is tres cool?