Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Or, what the hell did I do just now. Well, it seems that I, possible other engagements like birthday-parties pending (so Dap, what up?), just agreed to go to some singles party.
Yes, you really did read that, and I'm about as shocked as you are.
Update: Since Dappie is planning his party the day after this party, it seems that I'm really going. OMFGWTFBBQ.
Update 2006-02-03: Sold out. No ticket. Denied.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
The end is nigh
The end of this metric shitload of things I have to get through before my life goes back to its old boring self again, that is.
Last weekend, I spent some time in the pitoresque village of Melderslo, Limburg, The Netherlands. Didn't do much all weekend, except shopping for groceries, visiting the nearby brewery (and drinking some of the liquid gold, some of that with the brewmaster), and cooking a six-course meal for eleven and then some.
Tomorrow I have to play some ball, which isn't too bad, were it not for this weird case of aching muscles. But what I am actually looking forward to, is that tomorrow my (and everybody's) favorite former teacher is stopping at work by to meet with the two interns which started last week. Jay!
Thursday, I'm not going to play ball, since have to go to Amstelveen (note to Arie: A'foort → Schiphol → Amstelveen Busstation met bus 300 en dan minder dan 5 minuten lopen ziet er het beste uit) for a concert.
Next wednesday I'm seeing Acda en De Munnik, live on their Op Voorraad III: Jaren Ver Van Hier tour, in Utrecht.
The wednesday after that, I'm having dinner at some yet to be decided location with my volleyball team.
Saturday the 11th of February some 10 people will turn up at my parents' for something to eat.
The 14th is to be completely ignored, but the wednesday the follows it is reserved for some more volleyball.
And that's about it, until the twenty-fifth, which is reserved for a birthday-party.
And weaving between all these festivities, there's the usual volleyball and madness. And Dappie's birthday-party, whenever-the-hell th…, no, strike that, if that's still on.
Sheesh. One would almost start to think I got a life. As if!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Shouldn't you be giving me something?
In honour of my nine thousand five hundred days on this planet, I've prepared a nifty calculator so that you can calculate your own grand total.
- Ik heb nog wel iets van JOU bij MIJ liggen. Kan ik meenemen naar een bij JOU in de buurt en kan je van MIJ er wel een biertje krijgen; zo goed genoeg voor JOU?
Monday, January 16, 2006
Of Lives & Lemons
What about hope?
It's defective! It's corroded and decayed!
What about faith?
It's defective! It's tattered and it's frayed!
What about your Gods?
They're defective! They forgot the warranty Meat Loaf, Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back
Excusez le french, even if you're just a remotely religious man, but what a goddamned, anally fucked up, motherfuckin cocksucker of a day it's been.
- Ow! Ik heb wel een paar van die dagen in de aanbieding liggen. And you ain't getthing you're money back! Wanne have them? me!
Friday, January 13, 2006
List, no. 7
- The List of Cities I've Visited in 2005 And Spent One or More Nights in:
- Amersfoort, NL
- Noorden, NL (using a very, very loose definition of
- Brussels, B
- Liège, B
- Blier–Erezée, B
- Groenlo, NL
- London, UK
- The List Of Books I Didn't Quite Get To in 2005 (aka: What Is Still On the Shelf?):
- Sir Samuel Taylor Coleridge — The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (illustrated by Gustave Doré);
- Douglas Adams — The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide;
- Stephen King — Different Seasons; and
- Stephen King — Skeleton Crew
(these last three are rereads, so they're not exactly at the top of the pile)
- Remember Cute Overload? It seems like there's a word for that warm, fuzzy feeling it delivers: cuteaggedon.
- Some people really do read it just for the articles.
- Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.
- Hmm. I don't know quite what to make of this. Or maybe I do.
- The Prejudice Map. According to Google, people in the world are known for…
- Flags as infographics.
- haha jij bent lekker jarig vandaag :p
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Tonight, instead of sitting behind Ye Olde Desktop, I want out to see Leef!, a film directed by Willem van de Sande Bakhuyzen and a script by Maria Goos. It's a damn fine movie — despite having all the things that make Dutch films typically Dutch films — and I would highly recommend you going out to see it.
But the one thing that I didn't care for the in the movie, or rather, after I got back and thought about it a bit, is that it made me feel so damn sad.
Johanna van Buren | 01-29-06 - 8:14 pm
anne | 01-29-06 - 8:57 pm