Monday, March 20, 2006
I guess it makes me smile
Last weekend, after quite some time, foobar2000 0.9 was released. So today I downloaded and installed it, along with some plug-ins (some still have to be updated) and did some configuring / tweaking (some still need to be done). So far: thumbs up.
Other than that, meh. C'est la même merde, dans un autre jour. Or something like that. My french isn't what it's been, and it's never been much.
Actually, some time ago, it once crossed my mind to take some classes to get my french to some level where it's useable. That could have been triggered by last years adventures in Wallonia, or my current affection of a dutch chansonièrre (whom I'll be seeing live in Amsterdam on the very last day of the reprise of her tour if all goes well), but guess what? Indeed — being the procrastinator that I am, I let that notion just float out of the window, because like with a lot of other things, I can't be arsed to make the effort.
And that, that is nothing new. Earlier last year, I had the crazy idea that it might be cool — or at least, mildly entertaining — to take some writing classes. As I think I've noted before, I used to quite enjoy stringing words together, people told me that what I wrote wasn't bad (baring all disclaimers in mind), but lately, every attempt I make seems to end up on the
well, actually … lets just forget about it memory-dump.
Maybe I should get up of my lazy ass and do something. But on the other hand, oh well, whatever. Nevermind.
Saturday, March 18, 2006
With some quick prototyping, a little bit of recoding and a lot of tinkering, I've given the ol'e weblog a make-over. Nothing too fancy, but better than the previous version. Lemme know what you think…
And with that, I'm about to call it a day. Don't particulary feel the need to go out at the moment, and I've got a warm bed and a good book calling out to me.
Friday, March 17, 2006
Spread the love
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
To whom it may concern:
- There seems to be a very good reason I don't have that much to say lately: nothing even remotely interesting is happening.
- After tomorrow's volleyball practice, I'll be standing on the delivery-side of the bar. People who are planning to meet me on the receiving end of another bar have to take note that I'll be about an hour late. Or they can just show up on the receiving end of the bar I'll be behind.
Now these memories come back to haunt me / they haunt me like a curse / is a dream a lie if it don't come true / or is it something worse?Bruce Springsteen, The River
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Rejoice: it's π-day!
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
- Sage is a lightweight RSS and Atom feed reader extension for Mozilla Firefox. It's got a lot of what you need and not much of what you don't.
- Me And You And Everyone We Know. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it. If, like me, you have seen it — go see it again. It is that good.
So tonight I saw Me & You & Everyone for the second time, and I loved it as much as the first time. I'm now a badge-carrying enthusiast. It's showing down at the Lieve Vrouw until wednesday, so don't wait—go! Me, I'll be waiting for the DVD.
(afterwards, I went to Marktzicht for one quick beer for the road. "One quick beer" turned out to be "three not so quick beers", because it was, well, interesting.)
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Got nothing to say I ain't said before, so here's a list:
- John Cage's 4'33". Classical music, performance art, you decide.
- Not that I've seen her in any of those Star Wars movies, but I do have Garden State on DVD right here. Still, in the light of the recent discoveries about Natalie Portman's private life, how could they have casted her?
- Even more video fun. The intro to The Simpsons, live-action style.
- Last video, I promise. What if Microsoft Designed the iPod Package?
Dutch is essentially German as spoken by the members of a conspiracy who pretend not to speak German.—John Cowan. More.
- An all-starish Wizard of Oz-themed photoshoot reminded me of another one that has been lurking in the pile of links for whenever I couldn't be arsed enough to come up with something original. Anyway, Vogue's "Alice In Wonderland" article thingy has some wonderfully weird pictures.
- OK, so I lied. More video. Toy Story 2 Requiem.
- Pretty please?
- More surreal photography.
- Since I happen to think that Romeo + Juliet is a pretty decent movie, I can't help but object to some points in this otherwise pretty good list of The Things I Wil Not Do When I Direct a Shakespeare Production, on Stage or Film.